simple and compact ms20 filter

andrea83
Hi everyone,

I know there's another ms20 filter in the forum but this one is different, based on another schematic as the one on the effectlayouts site ( http://effectslayouts.blogspot.com/2016/08/korg-ms-20-filter.html ).
I needed it to be very compact so I left out the power filtering cap (I'm putting it with another effect).
The filter sounds nice and the layout is verified, but I got a problem with the switch, I got noisy pop sounds switching from HP to LP. Can someone help me to find the reason why?
Thanks and hope someone will find it useful!

Re: simple and compact ms20 filter

WeStartToDrift
How is the volume on this? The one I built from the perf board layouts was barely above unity gain.

Re: simple and compact ms20 filter

andrea83
Hi, I didn't put volume knob and yes it's barely above unity gain as yours.
Turning the lp down it also decreases a lot more till silence.

Re: simple and compact ms20 filter

GrooveChampion
Guess it needs some kind of a buffer/gain stage like most pedals.

Re: simple and compact ms20 filter

andrea83
For me the volume is not a problem 'cause I'm putting it after another effect, but I would like to know why it does pop a lot switching between HP and LP. maybe I could put some resistors somewhere? :)