Troubleshooting a noisy madbean lavache

MojoTrwall
Hello everyone.

I'm posting here because i'm looking for some help in troubleshooting my build !

It's a madbean lavache, as posted here

The problem i've got with it is when the pedal is engaged, i've got a low input guitar sound (I must put my amp, a Classic 30 to 12 to have juste a piece of sound), and i've got a really annoying buzz sound, which I can't relate to something.

I've checked the board, as it's pretty small, I can't see where I messed on the board, and my offboard wiring too which is not that hard.

I don't have a multimeter on my hand, but could it be a faulty component ?

I'm sending you sound of the record :

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1HeTs1l9D1I

You can hear the loud noise, which covers the signal.

I can't take clear pictures of the board, that why I did not send pictures of it.

But my pots and switch all works well

Re: Troubleshooting a noisy madbean lavache

PMowdes

Sounds to me like you have supply voltage leaking into the signal path somewhere.

Run a knife or a narrow saw between the tracks to make sure nothing is bridged, ad check your component placement.

Without pictures if the board it's hard to say for sure

Re: Troubleshooting a noisy madbean lavache

MojoTrwall

I've overlooked the tracks with a magnificent glass, and used a cutter to dig and break any possible bridge, but nothing different.

I've socketed the transistor and 4 diodes (Mid part of the BAT socket is not linked to the board)

Re: Troubleshooting a noisy madbean lavache

Emil
Hi!

I'm not sure, but maybe there's something with your wiring? For example the boost-switch? Is Boost 1 connected to row three?

Re: Troubleshooting a noisy madbean lavache

MojoTrwall
Nop, my boost is a DPDT and Row are marked on the switch side.

I did a whole new board with sockets and new diodes/transistor, results is the same, and the board is clean.

I just can't put my finger on where's the problem, I'm gonna do it after my exams, I don't have much time right now.

Re: Troubleshooting a noisy madbean lavache

moda
5 holes in from the left. Rows 5 and 6. Are they component legs (more to the point socket pins ) not soldered or is that a trick of the light?
Ibanez roadstar ii 1982 Burgandy, Ibanez roadstar ii 1983 Black
Peavey Delta Blues 115

Re: Troubleshooting a noisy madbean lavache

MojoTrwall
It's a trick of light, I did a new board the problem remains.

I guess it's an offboard wiring problem then.