Tremulous Bear (With schem)

BetterOffShred
Hey guys, I bought this kit from small bear a long time ago and it's one of the best trems I've played.  I wanted to make another to play around with dual trem madness, and I was hoping someone would be interested in making a stripboard layout.   The kit comes with a Vactrol of some variety and it sounds really good.. Anyone here is the schematic I got from Google Images.
Tremulous Bear

Re: Tremulous Bear (With schem)

BetterOffShred
Oh here's the list of the components values!
MAO

Re: Tremulous Bear (With schem)

MAO
Here you go, be sure to review the original build notes

Let me know how it goes.

NOTE: ICs are upside down
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst, Nickel Tone Zone & Air Norton Pickups, Sweet 16 wiring

Re: Tremulous Bear (With schem)

amsterdam
damn MAO you're on a roll!  can you break limbs more often? jk. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone from this community.
MAO

Re: Tremulous Bear (With schem)

MAO
Thanks for making me smile, it sucks but I'm glad I've got the time to draw up some layouts by request.

Playing guitar a lot more too, this guy's lessons are spot on. Shut up and Play

Hot Damn, Thanks MAO.  I'm looking forward to giving this a go.  I just graduated from Engineering school and I'm trying to find a job, so I doubt I'll be ordering parts till I'm gainfully employed! I appreciate you giving this a look, and to anyone who's even remotely interested, it's a DAMN good sounding tremolo.  The way the controls all interact let you get some really nutty chop out of it.  I'll be taking this on as soon as I can afford it!  Thanks again MAO.
-Brett

Re: Tremulous Bear (With schem)

BetterOffShred
Hey MAO, I was hoping you could get me straight on how you do your wiring diagrams.. You have the blue circles that are wire hookup spots, are you indicating that the wire is soldered at the blue pad, and then if there is a leg that goes up or down a row from that pad, it's also connected?
For example, Level one, goes to the board, then there is a 1 row jumper that goes up one row, so is the wire fed through the hole at the level 1 row, soldered there, and then jumped up a row and soldered there too?   I have never built any of your designs, and I got confused by this! Appreciate your hard work!
-Brett
MAO

Re: Tremulous Bear (With schem)

MAO
Hi, sorry for the confusion.

The big blue circles are holes to route the wires through the board. This acts as a strain relief and keeps the wiring from breaking off the board.

So, the wire for Level 1 attaches to the board at column 1, row 9. That wire then routes through the board at the blue hole at column 1, row 10 and comes out underneath the board and then attaches to the pot.

This also helps with tidy wiring.

I show an example with pictures here

Let me know if any other questions.
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst, Nickel Tone Zone & Air Norton Pickups, Sweet 16 wiring