Tl074, what to do.............

Dave
So after my so close but not quite IC big muff fail, i'm left with a TL074 chip, suggestions for what to do with it please, look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Thanks
Dave

Re: Tl074, what to do.............

IvIark
Administrator
Triple Wreck?

Re: Tl074, what to do.............

dodido
What CAN'T you do with a TL074?!?

I would build a wet/dry blend mixer of some kind with it.  It's one of those pedals everyone overlooks because by itself it does nothing.  And you probably wouldn't leave it in your chain.

But how often have two different sounds and wished you could blend them together?  If you say "never", then don't build one.  But if you're me, it happens all the time.

I built one a couple months ago and I've found at least half a dozen uses for it.

Re: Tl074, what to do.............

Heath
Hmm...  Just a thought, but if we started tagging the layouts with the ICs and/or Transistors so that they could be searchable by that, then one could say "Hmm.. I've got a handful of these and no plans for them, what could I build..."

Re: Tl074, what to do.............

IvIark
Administrator
I thought about that but the problem is there are so many and the one you use is a matter of taste.  It would probably make more sense to have, dual opamp, quad opamp, bipolar transistor, jfet, mosfet etc, but it would be a bit of a task for 450-ish layouts

Re: Tl074, what to do.............

Geiri
Man I wish you could just put two TL072 together and form a TL074.
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Tl074, what to do.............

IvIark
Administrator
Geiri wrote
Man I wish you could just put two TL072 together and form a TL074.
You can.  John Kallas made a little adapter up with 2 x 8 pin sockets and a single 14 pin and a few link wires.  Pics here:

http://johnkvintageguitars.homestead.com/Effects/DualtoQuad_OpampAdapter-01.jpg
http://johnkvintageguitars.homestead.com/Effects/DualtoQuad_OpampAdapter-02.jpg