Spaceman Effects Saturn V Booster - Verified

Spaceman Effects Saturn V Booster - Verified

anders
Here is a verified layout of Spaceman Effects Saturn V. It's quite a powerful booster with light overdrive qualities when the Drive knob is maxed. Dino T traced it and the schematic is avaiable over at DIYSB.

Re: Spaceman Effects Saturn V Booster - Verified

Muadzin
Color me stupid but what the hell is ferrite bead? First time I come across.

Re: Spaceman Effects Saturn V Booster - Verified

amsterdam
It's a passive component that suppresses high frequency noise.

Here's a few:

http://www.newark.com/search?st=axial%20ferrite%20bead

Re: Spaceman Effects Saturn V Booster - Verified

Mulekicker
I was gonna ask the same thing, is there a particular one used in these Spaceman builds?

Re: Spaceman Effects Saturn V Booster - Verified

Hozy31

Re: Spaceman Effects Saturn V Booster - Verified

PMowdes

Re: Spaceman Effects Saturn V Booster - Verified

PMowdes

We have some pcb's available if anyone is interested

Re: Spaceman Effects Saturn V Booster - Verified

BetterOffShred
Built it with this layout too, sounds great.  It really has a ton of boost, and the gain gets pretty decent, it's pretty nice to goose a fuzz as well.  Thanks Anders, Dino, PMowdes.  Lots of fun

Re: Spaceman Effects Saturn V Booster - Verified

BetterOffShred
Another note, as for "Ferrite Beads" I had been using "Z-max Gold" chokes made by Ferronics up to this point, but I'm about to run out.. I got a bag on E-bay for cheap.. and now there nowhere to be found!  Like.. nowhere!  Mouser doesn't even carry them.   If anyone finds a source for them let me know.  I really like them.   I think it's fitting for these spaceman effects because honestly I'm drawn to their aesthetics.. shame on me!
-Brett