Ruthenium Reverb

loe

Ruthenium Reverb

loe
Felix Kalium (a.k.a. m-kresol on the Madbean forum) has a really cool project called Ruthenium Reverb. I purchased the OSH Park boards, and it seems there's a manufacturing error on them. I built up all three, went back and forth with Felix trying to troubleshoot, and I think we just came to the conclusion that something went amiss with the boards. Anyway, I would love to get a vero layout for this if anyone has time. Here is the link to Felix's nice build doc:

http://felix.kalium.org/upload/share/builddocs/RutheniumReverb_builddoc.pdf

Thanks in advance to everyone at TagboardFX for all the help and wonderful layouts!
MAO

Re: Ruthenium Reverb

MAO
This post was updated on .
Here you go loe,

Let me know how it goes.

06/03 Corrected Input pulldown resistor
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst, Nickel Tone Zone & Air Norton Pickups, Sweet 16 wiring
loe

Re: Ruthenium Reverb

loe
Thanks, man! You're on fire lately with these layouts. Much appreciated. I'll be working on this tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. I sure would love to get this reverb working once and for all.
MAO

Re: Ruthenium Reverb

MAO
Thanks loe!

I'm laid up with a broken leg, can't get to my workbench in the basement so I thought I'd help out with layouts in the meantime.

Let me know how it goes, it will make my day if it works out well.
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst, Nickel Tone Zone & Air Norton Pickups, Sweet 16 wiring
loe

Re: Ruthenium Reverb

loe
I couldn't even wait til morning, lol. I built the circuit last night. I have to say, it's really well laid out. It was a pleasure to put together. I'll finish it up today and report back. Thanks again.

Way to make good use of your healing time, aside from healing!
MAO

Re: Ruthenium Reverb

MAO
Thanks again loe, I hope it fires up without issue.
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst, Nickel Tone Zone & Air Norton Pickups, Sweet 16 wiring
loe

Re: Ruthenium Reverb

loe
... And it does! Hahaha. I knew I wasn't crazy. Worked right away, no issues whatsoever.

This thing has pretty quiet output... Well, the reverb is itself is pretty noisy, even with shielded cable all around. But the output signal is far quieter than when bypassed, so I'm going to throw a boost in the box with it. I'll be sure to add photos soon.

MAO, thanks again. I very much appreciate the generosity of your time!
MAO

Re: Ruthenium Reverb

MAO
loe, I spotted an error.

The input pulldown resistor was marked as 1k, should be 1M. That would explain the volume drop for sure!

I updated the layout.
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst, Nickel Tone Zone & Air Norton Pickups, Sweet 16 wiring
loe

Re: Ruthenium Reverb

loe
This post was updated on .
Wow, thanks for catching that. I made that change, shortened the wires to and from the tank, and it's now perfect. What a cool little reverb.

Re: Ruthenium Reverb

doxasound
Thanks for the layout! Just built one last night and it sounds so good! I missed a good spring reverb sound, so I built this for my amp. Going to hook it up to the effects loop and tuck it away inside the head.

I did notice that having a footswitch on this "pedal" will be really noisy because of the springs bouncing around inside. Might be a good idea to use a soft touch switch, but even then you'd have to lightly engage it haha