Opinions Needed

rocket88
Administrator
as many of you guys know i build a mini 100 watt class D model t and i've got a few other amp boards laying around, 3 to be exact. i want to a few others, but can't decide what the next amp should be. what i've been thinking about was an orange or 120, using the orange citrus since it's a FET conversion of the preamp. the problem is there's no audio or video clips of it, so i have no idea if it sounds right or not. was also toying around with the idea of a dual rectifier, JCM800 (never really a big marshall fan). so, since i can't decide i figured i would see what some of you may you guys think.

keep in mid the preamp will be running at 24V, so the preamp cant fart out at higher voltages than 9V.

Re: Opinions Needed

Sensei Tim
I’m troubleshooting a dr boogie into that power amp as we speak.  Hopefully I can get this working soon. I’m suppos dnto get my hands on an early 90s dual rec for some mods in the new year. If I do i’ll try and do an A/B comparison

Re: Opinions Needed

rocket88
Administrator
Sweet. Did you put it together like I told you I did? If you need help trouble shooting let me know, and I'll help you out as much as I can bro.

Re: Opinions Needed

PMowdes
You wanna ping me the schematics, happy to work them up to pcb's for you.

Re: Opinions Needed

Sensei Tim
This post was updated on .
I posted in the amp thread last night.

I’m getting a whining sound coming thru the speakers.  I do t know if this is a preamp issue or a power amp issue.  The whine doesn’t change when I change the volume.

I have the speaker jack on a plasric isolated jack,  speaker positive to tip and speaker negative to sleeve.  I’m using the positive input only.

I’m also using a 24v laptop power supply. I’m hoping that it’s not causing the whine....