ISP Decimator

Alex
This post was updated on .

Re: ISP Decimator

strassercaster
Wowe great layout alex. I have a sabrotone on the bench i cant get going. its a mega build. I guess ill robb some of the parts from the sabrotone and try to do this one. Where can I see the schematic? Thanks You are the MAN!

Re: ISP Decimator

Alex

Re: ISP Decimator

Sensei Tim
Why did you make a distinction between 1n4148 and 1n914 diodes?  Aren't they essentially the same?

Re: ISP Decimator

Alex
That was just what the schematic called for. Just kept it the same.

Re: ISP Decimator

Sphere80
This post was updated on .
Built.  I had to combine some resistors, but all the values match the layout.  It works with both THAT2181LB and THAT2181C.

Audio clip:
https://soundcloud.com/user-562468024/alexsez-decitest-tagunver-quartrecto-01a

This is my noisiest pickup. It's a Strat with a hot Quarter Pounder single coil,  into a Dual Rectifier half stack on max gain. The Decimator is in the effects loop.  Playing it feels totally natural, without any choppiness.

The signal dies for me when I move the threshold over 1 o'clock, no matter where the pedal is: loop or 1st in line.  It does an amazing job otherwise, even on previously impossible setups with a distortion  slamming into a driven lead channel. It's dead quiet now.