Hot Rod Deluxe Reverb Layout

tvas22
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if this looked right to you? I took the layout from robrobinette's page (under solid state spring reverb here: https://robrobinette.com/Compact_Reverb.htm#Solid_State_Spring_Reverb)

I just needed to make the circuit board smaller, so this is my attempt at laying it out on stripboard.

Thanks for the help!

Re: Hot Rod Deluxe Reverb Layout

HamishR
Hey tvas22 - That looks like it should work.  However you are stretching a 47pF cap over a long distance which it should make if it's silver mica - which would actually be a good idea! - but some ceramics might not make it.

Here is a smaller layout which avoids standing resistors, which a lot of folks prefer  I guess it might be slightly more robust, although millions of Maxon pedals might disagree.  :-)  I also put the pot mounted parts on the board.  You might want to check the voltages required to make sure the components you use don't fry.  Seeing as the circuit uses a TL072 I guess you'll be ok with 50V but don't take my word for it.

I haven't built this so it obviously isn't verified.  There may be mistakes.  It looks ok to me though.  :-)

Re: Hot Rod Deluxe Reverb Layout

tvas22
Hey, that’s fantastic thank you. Yours looks great, I will use that. It was my first time laying something out so I figured it could be better.

Hopefully I’ll have tested the circuit out sometime in the next couple of months so I’ll let you know if it can be verified.

I also did the power supply board, which takes 40-60vac and provides the -/+16v. I am planning on using 50vac... will this be OK on stripboard?

Re: Hot Rod Deluxe Reverb Layout

HamishR
I'm not the right person to ask, but I suspect it would depend on current rather than voltage and i doubt that the current draw would be massive.  My guess is that stripboard would be ok but I would recommend checking with someone more knowledgable than me.

Re: Hot Rod Deluxe Reverb Layout

tvas22
Ah, OK. I will run that by an amp building forum at some point and see what they recommend.

Thanks again! I really appreciate it.

Re: Hot Rod Deluxe Reverb Layout

tvas22
I finally got around to building this - your layout can be verified. It sounds pretty good!

Re: Hot Rod Deluxe Reverb Layout

HamishR
Glad I could help!

Re: Hot Rod Deluxe Reverb Layout

tvas22
Thanks again. You don’t by any chance have any ideas about how to increase the volume of it do you? I installed it on a switch, I would say there’s about a 30-40% drop in volume with it engaged.