Quantcast

Hofner Buzztone - no fuzz just clean boost

Hofner Buzztone - no fuzz just clean boost

Astroman
I built Hofner Buzztone. The Problem is that I can not get fuzz sound it's like a clean boost. When I strum very hard I hear loud crack.

This is the project

http://http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.fi/2016/03/hofner-buzztone.html

Couple pics of my board and wiring

Re: Hofner Buzztone - no fuzz just clean boost

Astroman
Transistor voltages:

Q1 C 4,6v B 1,16v E 0,55v

Q2 C 0,85 B 0,64v E 0 v

Q3 C 2,5v B 0,45v E 0v

Re: Hofner Buzztone - no fuzz just clean boost

PMowdes

Check the orientation of your transistors.

Re: Hofner Buzztone - no fuzz just clean boost

Astroman
Orientation should be correct. I have checked that and removed all transistors one by one. I also change tranies. It is not working.

Re: Hofner Buzztone - no fuzz just clean boost

Travis
Administrator
There are cuts and potential bridges on the back side of your board that don't look good to me. I'd use
A DMM to check for continuity where it should and shouldn't be

Re: Hofner Buzztone - no fuzz just clean boost

Astroman
This post was updated on .
I drilled cuts and checked with DMM the board and could not found failure. With my telecaster sound is clean exept if I hit strings hard. I tested today pedal with humbuckers and made short sample with iPhone how it is acting.

Sample file