H.B.E. Detox EQ

JoeyBloggs
As I've been using this website for a number of years now, seemed only fair to post some new stuff as I got the vero-diction. Looking to make this more regular. A while back fell a bit skint, so had to sell my precious Detox EQ, but not before reverse engineering it. See design below, apologies for my amateur layout skills. I originally tried to make it as small as possible to fit in a 1590B with a battery also. Technically this is verified, as I have built it more than once...

Re: H.B.E. Detox EQ

purity
Are my eyes deceiving me or is the input hooked up via two jumpers straight to the opamps ground pin 4? And pin 4 isnt otherwise hooked up to ground? Trying to work out the schematic of this gem over a beer or two ^^

Re: H.B.E. Detox EQ

GrooveChampion
Kinda reminds me of the Tonemender

Re: H.B.E. Detox EQ

JoeyBloggs
whoops, good spot purity. Should probably checked the design against my own builds.. I'll clean this up later, also realised some cuts aren't relevant. I believe the immediate fix is just extending that second jumper down by one row, so it is actually going to GND. But I will double check also...

Re: H.B.E. Detox EQ

storyboardist
Is there another cap that spans between Mid 1 and 3? Most EQ stacks like this I've seen have one there...

Re: H.B.E. Detox EQ

purity
I have a preliminary schematic drawn up at work, I'll post it tomorrow. Maybe the OP can chip in aswell?

I expected the design to be different, more like a parallel blended filter, but this is a series filter of sorts. Its quite simple, but rather unrecognizable to me. The signal is fed to the first opamp, output is hooked up to one end of a quite symmetrical 'tonestack' of which the other end goes to the second opamp input. Then a slightly odd highpass filter (2.2u/100k) to the level pot, which i guess is variable high pass.

I will have to wait on the OP to verify my schematic though, see if the half supply stuff is hooked up ok.

Re: H.B.E. Detox EQ

traktop
Yes!!!
So, is the layout updated?