Guyatone PS-021

Alex
There's a schematic now available here: https://aionelectronics.com/schem/guyatone_ps-021.png
I want to draw a layout but I'm not 100% sure which components you'll need to eliminate to completely get rid of the flip flop switching system.
I was thinking: Q9, Q10, Q11, R15, R16, R20, R41, R69 and C10.
Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Guyatone PS-021

rocket88
Administrator

Re: Guyatone PS-021

Alex
This post was updated on .
Cool Zach!
Would you remove the Input buffer too?
Is this what you've meant?

Re: Guyatone PS-021

rocket88
Administrator
Yea. That looks like what I was thinking. Isn't the input buffer removed in the schematic you just posted?

Re: Guyatone PS-021

Alex
It is.

Re: Guyatone PS-021

aion
The output buffer is safe to remove, but I would probably not remove the input buffer. I've never seen a Ross/Dyna circuit without it, and I'd be a little wary of connecting the CA3080 directly to the inputs.
A BJT input buffer is very resilient, but a CA3080 can be fried very easily by static and the like.

Re: Guyatone PS-021

Sergio
Hallo aion, your pcbs will be using lm13700 instead? Easier to get. Thank you!

Re: Guyatone PS-021

GrooveChampion
Theres a conversion daughterboard for that

Re: Guyatone PS-021

reddesert
The CA3080 is well out of production and fake ones are such a problem that I think people should design for LM13700 in future. I understand the desire to keep vero layout size down, but for PCBs, designing for CA3080 is designing in obsolescence. Using a daughterboard works but then you're not keeping the size down anymore.

Re: Guyatone PS-021

Alex
Added the input buffer back and an LM13700 version.

Re: Guyatone PS-021

reddesert
Cool!  I really appreciate how responsive you and the other designers on this blog are to suggestions.