Earthquaker Devices Erupter

anders
 Found a schem at FSB HERE.
Lookes like a input buffer >pickup simulator > silicon fuzz face witch bias pot.

Note! This vero is NOT VERIFIED since I'm don't have the right transformer atm.

Edit.
Found a photo from EQD workshop with a part list and how to set up the pedal. There seems to be an extra trimmer there, though.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Erupter

Zanius
Lol, I imagine some forum member dressed as a janitor walking around the Earthquaker building and snapping photos!
That's straight up spying.

Good job otherwise :)

Re: Earthquaker Devices Erupter

Travis
Administrator
The funniest part of imagining a spy going in there is that after all that effort it’s a modified Fuzz Face and the sheet is just telling us to bias it to 4.5V

Re: Earthquaker Devices Erupter

Mulekicker
I've been in there twice, but it wasn't me.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Erupter

iefes
This post was updated on .
The workshop photo is great! Thanks for this.

The trace over at the FSB forum was made be me. I found that there are different versions of the Erupter. Some have an additional Volume-Trimmer to set the output volume and also some seem to have 2 bias trimmers additional to the Bias pot. So you can include an additional volume control if you like. It should be a 100k.

Edit: I'm not sure what the notes about the transistor hfe really means. Does it mean, they should both have about the same hfe in the range of 60-120 with Q3 being the higher? Or does it mean Q2 should have around 60 and Q3 should have around 160 hfe?

Re: Earthquaker Devices Erupter

Sphere80
Built with the larger 42TM019 instead of 42TL019.

https://i.imgur.com/DYerXt5.jpg

It has sockets as I'm still experimenting with transistors. That Q2 needs to be very low gain.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Erupter

Teddeeh
Does the transformer have to be specifc or similar?

Re: Earthquaker Devices Erupter

Sphere80
I don't know.   This is the original article that most likely inspired this design:
http://www.muzique.com/lab/pickups.htm