Bass preamp (mm114/ Haz)

Warwick
Hello , is anyone have the kindness to draw me this layout (with only one imput for a box).

Re: Bass preamp (mm114/ Haz)

Sergio
This post was updated on .
Hallo, this is an spector preamp? But does it has 2 inputs? I thought by the youtube videos these were onboard preamps, direct from the pick ups, so no way to choose between 2 inputs. Have you tried other preamps, musicaman ? Sadowsky? I play a warwick fortress 5 and im curious about the preamps, despite most of the times I play it passive.

Re: Bass preamp (mm114/ Haz)

Sergio
I ll answer myself seems like vr1 and vr2 are the Blend control and people find it works right passive or active pu switching. Vr3 is volume and the other two vr's. Are  highs and lows. So maybe taking the input direct to vr3 would be best for box mounting.

Re: Bass preamp (mm114/ Haz)

Warwick
Yes, it is the Spector preamp (kramer,Tobias,Cort). I already built the Sadowsky and the Musicman (3 bands): they work very well!
By cons i do not know how to drow the layout...If someone could do it would be nice!

Re: Bass preamp (mm114/ Haz)

Sergio
It should not be difficult, only problem could be shrink it to the max. If noones willing i can give it a try. By the way, which basses have you tried or have had best sounds with your built pres?

Re: Bass preamp (mm114/ Haz)

Warwick
This post was updated on .
I have 9 bass...
Jazz bass sounds good with Sadowsky, Precision bass and Warwick Dolphin Pro 1 with Musicman preamp .In fact it depends on the sound you searched for...It is necessary to vary the pleasure...
I have bass also with onboard preamp so I do not couple them with box preamp (Status bass).
Thank you in advance if you can draw it! (The size of the drawing is not too important for me:it's for a box)

Re: Bass preamp (mm114/ Haz)

Sergio

Ugly very ugly, standing resistors, capacitor soldered direct through external pot pins, strange output spot, probably others can make it a lot better,  but i think this couldl work. if you give it a try and it sounds good let us know!

Re: Bass preamp (mm114/ Haz)

Warwick

Thank you very much Sergio! I will build the preamp.
I shall inform you dice that I shall have ended.

Re: Bass preamp (mm114/ Haz)

Warwick
There is no error on a resistor? I see 12k. It shouldn't be 1.2K?

Re: Bass preamp (mm114/ Haz)

Sergio
Exactly, you are right the 12 k next to the output spot should be 1k2. My fault i copied resistors and forget to change value after paste. My apologies, wont be able to change it until tomorrow. I supposed that part of the preamp magic will be in the picofarads cap being accurate, with metal resistors is much easier , i mean not that they are 223 exactly, but if you can measure them, better 200 than going to 100 pf or 300pf

Re: Bass preamp (mm114/ Haz)

Warwick
Thank you!