9 to 12 VDC pump charge

alltrax74
Some effects seem to sound best at 12VDC, for exemple this is the best voltage required for the GoosoniqueWorx Seventheaven from what I read from the web.
So would it be possible to have such a layout ?
Thanks

Re: 9 to 12 VDC pump charge

rocket88
Administrator
You could use a simple voltage doubler then run the +18V to a 12V regulator.

Re: 9 to 12 VDC pump charge

alltrax74
Right, sounds the best way to go with a 78L12 (low power needed, just a few mA)
Thanks !

Re: 9 to 12 VDC pump charge

rocket88
Administrator
Anytime man. It's the first thing that came to my mind. Plus it should be nice and clean since it will be regulated.

Re: 9 to 12 VDC pump charge

alltrax74
Should be good to go

Re: 9 to 12 VDC pump charge

IvIark
Administrator
Nice one, handy little layout, but your IC is the wrong way round

Re: 9 to 12 VDC pump charge

Travis
Administrator
I think you should also include the cap from 18V to ground

Re: 9 to 12 VDC pump charge

alltrax74
Oups right layout updated thanks

Re: 9 to 12 VDC pump charge

alltrax74
The filtering cap will be on the main board, do you think the powerboard also needs one ?